Call for Abstracts
The IHC2014 Scientific Program Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within any of the IHC2014 symposia and the WOCMAP symposia. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the Presenters' Portal above.
When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to indicate the symposium and theme within the symposium, that you consider is most appropriate. Please check the details of each IHC2014 symposium or WOCMAP symposium before submitting your abstract, as there may be more information about each theme. Some theme titles in the submission form have been shortened.
All abstracts must follow the template provided above and be submitted online by 1 November 2013. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered and paid by the presenter registration deadline of 17 February 2014.
All accepted abstracts will be included within the Congress Proceedings.All enquiries regarding abstracts for IHC2014 should be emailed to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts opens||1 April 2013|
|Call for Abstracts closes||1 November 2013|
|Authors notified of results||14 January 2014|
|Presenter registration deadline||17 February 2014|
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be original work.
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed a maximum of 250 words and should follow the template provided on this page.
- Abstracts must NOT contain tables, pictures or diagrams.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts are to be submitted in Microsoft Word format only.
- Submission is strictly limited to a maximum of one oral and one poster presentation per person.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 1 November 2013 for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by 14 January 2014 and will also be notified if the abstract has been selected for an oral or poster presentation. Some poster presenters may be invited to present a speed talk of 3 minutes during an oral session.
- To be accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend the conference, by 17 February 2014.
- All presenters (oral and poster) are expected to submit a paper for publication in refereed proceedings, Acta Horticulturae, by 22 August 2014. Details on paper requirements can be found here.
To view the IHC2014 symposia, please click here.
- Use limited references (e.g. Smith 1999), only if necessary
- Biographies are limited to 50 words. Your biography should be written using complete sentences and in the 3rd person, please refrain from using bullet points. Your biography should contain information relative to your position, career history and professional achievements.
- Two abstract submissions are permitted however please be aware that a maximum of one oral presentation and one poster presentation will be assigned per registered delegate for successful applicants. You will be required to complete the theme, author, details etc for each abstract before submitting your next one.
- Your abstract will be published in the Abstract Book as submitted. Should you require changes you may either email an updated version to the Congress Secretariat or make amendments via the Presenters Portal. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
Abstracts may be submitted as oral or poster presentations. Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received, the Review Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Terms and Conditions:
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in IHC2014:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to IHC2014.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the IHC2014 Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. Please note that each presenter can still only present one oral and one poster. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.